Born to Carry is a collective of trainers led by Anne McEwan and Rosie Knowles. All of our trainers are highly experienced and passionate about carrying and teaching.
What can BTC do for you?
Born to Carry provides prospective trainers with a comprehensive training course – during which you will be writing your own course.
Each Born to Carry Peer Support course is designed by the Born to Carry Trainer who teaches the course. Each course is required to cover the Born to Carry Core Curriculum.
Every course will cover the following topics:
- Safety; understanding baby and parent anatomy, and how a safe carry can be achieved in a wide range of situations
- Communication: the importance of empowering, inclusive and effective language
- How to use and demonstrate different sling and carrier types with confidence
Information about the following topics:
- Bonding and secure attachment
- Carrying in Special circumstances
- Troubleshooting uncomfortable carrying
- Addressing sub optimal or potentially dangerous carrying
- Breastfeeding in a sling
- Back carrying with a sling
Each prospective trainer will be working with a Born to Carry Coach to complete their training.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the process and our pricing structure, please get in touch as we would love to hear from you!