Training as a Born to Carry Babywearing Peer Supporter is a valuable way to expand how you can support parents.
There is a very wide variety of people who take part in Born to Carry Babywearing Peer Support courses. This includes:
- Parents who would like to know a bit more
- Sling Library Volunteers
- Sling Librarians
- Hypno Birth Professionals
- Antenatal teachers
- NCT volunteers
- Nursery Nurses
- Health Visitors
- and many more Health Care Professionals who work with Infants and their primary caregivers.
Peer support is something you have done many times without putting a name to it. Peer support is what happens when people are advocates and provide knowledge and experience as well as emotional, social or practical help to each other, to their peers. Trained peer support means that you have undergone training in a specific field to be able to provide excellent up to date support in this context. In an area like babywearing – the use of slings and carriers – this is important as there are so many different elements to consider and it is worth being able to support each other very well.
A Born to Carry Peer Supporter course gives you access to all these elements in one course, covering subjects you may not have considered before. It will give you the tools and knowledge you need to be able to support your peers confidently. You will become part of great network of trained Peer Supporters to connect with once you have completed your course.
Born to Carry Courses
Each Born to Carry Peer Support course has been designed by the Born to Carry Trainer who teaches the course. This means that no two courses are exactly the same and you can benefit from the unique skills each trainer brings to Born to Carry. Our trainers are all carefully coached and supported by the Directors during the process of creating their course.
Each course is required to cover the Born to Carry Core Curriculum and is assessed to ensure it meets the stringent minimum content. They are re-assessed every year to keep standards high.
http://harbutlawcottages.co.uk/where-can-you-buy-viagra-over-the-counter Every course will cover the following topics:
- 2700 mg neurontin Safety – understanding baby and parent anatomy, and how a safe carry can be achieved in a wide range of situations
- pokolenie singli sympatia Communication – the importance of empowering, inclusive and effective language
- How to use and demonstrate different sling and carrier types with confidence
- Bonding and secure attachment
- Carrying in special circumstances
- Troubleshooting uncomfortable carrying
- Addressing sub-optimal or potentially dangerous carrying
- Breastfeeding in a sling
- Back carrying with a sling
After you attend the course you will be given a post-course assessment to complete online, to ensure understanding and effective learning. In addition you will be asked to provide feedback on your course and your trainer, for ongoing CPD.
You will then be given a Born To Carry Peer Supporter certificate of completion.
Tell us what you think!
We would love it if you would provide feedback on your trainers page after your course!